Our Guest: Kathy Alex
Kathy Alex has come to know the acceptance and affirmation of our loving Heavenly Father. God has done amazing things in, for, and through her. She has been serving as chaplain in the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
Ephesians 1:4-6 NLT Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.
Proverbs 14:25 NET A truthful witness rescues lives…
- When you’re in your set place, that’s where you flourish.
- God ministered to Kathy that she was an approved daughter and she gained her identity in Christ.
- “Kathy, I want you to know you have a spiritual family.”
- “Even the people that prayed for me day and night, that’s what brought me through that wilderness experience.”
- “One day I got to experience God as my good shepherd and experience the tangible expression of Jesus Christ.”
- The Lord was her provider and Good Shepherd. And in the wilderness experience, it’s feasting to see God when you’re in a dark area. For He wants us to see Him.
- He is very present and cares for you.
Kathy had pursued the Lord and was in the right place. She did the work of the Kingdom while God was healing her heart.
Matthew 6:33 NKJV But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
- God was training her in the midst of her wilderness.
Jeremiah 1:10 ESV …to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.”
“The Kingdom of God is built on relationship.” – Doug Stringer
- God is a covenant God and will keep His promises.
- Be faithful and humble to do what God has called you to do.
The Shunammite woman’s story is told in 2 Kings 4:8-37 NIV and 2 Kings 8:1-6 NIV.
- She believed God until the end.
- The woman was a covenant woman.
- She stood on the word that was given to her by the man of God.
- Keep serving.
1 Peter 2:9-11 NLT But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. “Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God’s people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God’s mercy.” Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls.
Matthew 17:20 NLT …“I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”
Matthew 19:26 NIV Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Psalm 34:5 NIV Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
Proverbs 18:10 NKJV The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
Romans 15:33 NIV The God of peace be with you all. Amen.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!