Our Guest: Debi Tengler
Filled with a joy of the Lord and a love for people, Debi Tengler has entrepreneured businesses with her husband and also served various ministries throughout her career, including Alpha Houston and Arrow Family Services. She is currently the executive director for Adoption is An Option. Debi has walked through the fire and seen God bring her through without a whiff of smoke. She is a wife who adores her husband, children, and grandchildren.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Debi’s Story:
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
James 5:16 NLT Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
- God doesn’t miss any details.
Psalm 37:4 NIV Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- You don’t see all of God’s plans for you immediately.
Romans 8:28 NIV And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- When you know that He is working for your good, you don’t have to strive or worry, you can trust Him.
- The lie that Debi believed was so deeply embedded that when God delivered the answer she didn’t know what it looked like.
- Everything has to be exactly perfect for a child to be conceived.
- “Do you know the definition of dis-obedience?”
- The Lord has a way when no one else does.
- Obedience renders joy and gladness.
John 10:10 NIV The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
The enemy wants to destroy you to almost nothing, but God has found the perfect donor for you.
- The blood of Jesus will pour through us until we are no longer recognizable and will fortify us with everything that we need.
Proverbs 20:7 NIV The righteous lead blameless lives; blessed are their children after them.
- When we follow the Lord, His blessings overflow to our children.
- “The crown was significant. Don’t miss it!”
- God can confirm the direction that He wants you to take.
- Walk godly with Him, hear His voice, obey, and walk in courage.
- Adoption is the story of our salvation.
- A baby blanket is a representation of God’s unconditional love.
- The blue ribbon means we are the valued ones
- The letter jacket represents belonging to someone bigger who will protect, love, and care for you.
John 3:16 NKJV For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Ephesians 1:5 NKJV Having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will
Debi describes her relationship with God like riding a roller coaster in the front seat and you just have to throw up your arms in the air and enjoy it!
- Roller coasters represent trusting, fun, courage, and challenges.
- Do you trust Him?
- A goad is an instrument to get a beast back in line with its master.
- Deborah was a judge, a warrior, a poet, a prophet, and a singer/writer.
- Her story teaches us to be obedient and courageous.
- Know that He has plans for you that are good and He is for you.
- If it isn’t good yet, God isn’t done yet.
Jeremiah 29:12-13 NIV Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Isaiah 30:21 NIV Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
Psalm 20:1-5 NLT In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm… Send you help from his sanctuary and strengthen you from Jerusalem… Remember all your gifts and look favorably on your burnt offerings… Grant your heart’s desires and make all your plans succeed. May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God… the Lord answer all your prayers.
- Third Conversion by R. Scott Rodin
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!