Our Guest: Leah Austin
Leah Austin is a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ. She loves being a wife of an amazing husband, mother of five beautiful adult children. As a certified Christian counselor, leadership, life, and financial coach, Leah helps those looking to walk in the freedom for which Christ has set us free. She also has a master’s degree in business from Liberty University, serves as discipleship director of small groups, and a worship leader at Bridge Church in Virginia. Leah also works as a business manager for an insurance company. She has just come out with a book entitled, Freed!: Walking Out of Broken Places, which is a collection of women’s testimonies.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
1 Timothy 2:5-6 NLT For, there is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone…
Galatians 5:13-14 NLT For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
- The Lord heard Leah’s heart cry and pursued her into her college years.
- When her life spiraled out of control, she turned back to God.
- The fear she felt fell off of her life and she felt a freedom that she didn’t expect to happen.
- “I let him know that the new man in my life was Jesus.”
Colossians 1:13-14 NLT For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.
- God knows and meets us right where we are.
- He began to redefine her identity of who she was in Him. She was His child.
Psalm 139:14 NKJV I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.
Ephesians 2:10 NKJV For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Psalm 37:23 NKJV The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way.
Proverbs 16:9 NKJV A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
“Even in that moment to know that He was with me the whole time.” – Leah
- Sometimes we go through so many different things in our own lives and then realize that God is right there. If we just open up our hands and reach out, He’s there. If we just call on Him, He answers.
Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV Call to Me, and I will answer you…
Isaiah 53:3 NKJV He is despised and rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief…
Isaiah 53:11 NIV After he has suffered, he will see the light of life and be satisfied…
- When we continue to seek God and press into Him, no matter what we’re going through, He is the light.
- We need to get in the word for ourselves, to seek God, to pray every day, to develop and have a prayer life.
- The Holy Spirit is so faithful because all you need to know is your testimony.
- Leah discovered that having godly connections was important.
- God is always in the midst of the details, no matter what problems we go through or what we face, God is always there.
- Leah and her husband found themselves trusting in God and depending on Him, knowing that everything that He gives us is for a reason.
- God has called us to be stewards over what He’s given us.
- We can equip our kids for success in the world, particularly with God.
- Freedom is not just an event; it is a process.
- The enemy will make everything seem like a rejection.
- Sometimes we don’t even realize that perfectionism comes from the areas of rejection, because we feel like we have to have it altogether.
God’s grace is sufficient.
2 Corinthians 12:9 NKJV And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” …
- God didn’t create us to be perfect because if we were perfect, we wouldn’t need Jesus.
- Leah had to redefine who she was in Christ.
2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Matthew 6:14 NKJV For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
- You don’t have to be perfect. Just be willing and available. Be authentic to who you are. And God will be with you. You’ll find freedom in that. You’ll find that peace and walk in it.
- God wants our uniqueness.
- Trust in what God is speaking in your heart to do, even when you don’t feel equipped.
Biblical Woman who Inspired Leah:
Esther – Esther 1-10 NKJV
- “…Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”…
The Woman with the Alabaster flask – Luke 7:37-38 NKJV
- “I just need to lay everything down at Jesus’ feet.”
The Widow’s Two Mites – Luke 21:1-4 NKJV
- The woman gave all she had to God.
- “God, there’s not enough money that I can give you to say thank you enough for all that you have done for me.”
Philippians 1:6 NIV Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
- As we journey with the Lord and listen to His voice, being careful to do what He says, even if the world’s wisdom says otherwise, God’s perfect work of freedom in every area of our lives will be complete.
1 John 4:4 NKJV You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
Colossians 1:11-14 NLT We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!