Our Guest: Linda Morrison
Together Linda Morrison and her husband Dave have led Bible studies in their church and trained Prayer Ministry Teams. As a result of their prayer ministry training, they realized many people desire to pray but simply don’t know how to pray. Linda and Dave opened their first toll-free prayer line in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in 1997, serving Pennsylvania and the Northeast. Upon moving to Florida, they opened a prayer and crisis referral network to help coordinate faith-based compassion ministries, organizations, churches and businesses. Together with Somebody Cares America, Somebody Cares Tampa/Pasco, Meet The Need, The RTN Radio stations Church of God, Prayer Everywhere, and other ministries the Prayer and Crisis Referral Network unite prayer with referrals to churches, compassion ministries and businesses in local neighborhoods.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Linda’s story:
Ephesians 3:19 NLT May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
“I always felt like I was a little pauper out there with a little tin cup outside the king’s castle. And I knew the king was good and I knew the king was loving, but would he put a quarter in my cup? I didn’t know. Maybe he just passed by.”
- As a devout Catholic, Linda knew that something was missing in her relationship with God, but she wasn’t really sure what to do about it.
- “Finally, Linda, you’re giving you. You’re giving me your life. And You’re not gonna be lord over your life anymore. You’re allowing me to be lord and master of your life.”
- God used a tumor to bring her to the end of herself, but right into His love.
- She took every opportunity to grow in the Word.
- Her first words at any moment of something frightening became a cry to God. And He always came through.
- Linda learned that after you give your prayer to Jesus, you can let it go. It’s not yours.
- When you see what God’s doing, ask Him where you fit.
- “I needed to have a prayer line for people who don’t go outside of the house. Who prays for those people who don’t go to church? Who prays for those people who find out they have cancer? They have nobody.”
Only God holds your future and only God can change it.
- “I’m experiencing God, I’m spending time, I’m looking around at what God’s doing. And I’m now joining God.” – Linda
- Where’s the need? How can I fill it?
- We’re all part of the body of Christ. And if the body is going one way, we need to go with it, right? Not go off on our own little tangent.
- There’s a lot of times where people call the prayer line for miracles and prayer and for peace and God does something even more.
- If you’re called to prayer and you’d love to pray or you’re afraid to hear the stories, it’s still probably your calling. We’re all called to pray and minister.
- Believe that God is a miracle working God.
Romans 8:28 NKJV And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
- It’s not the power of positive thinking. It’s the power of believing God’s Word and believing that what He says is true.
- God created us for a relationship with Him.
The Story of Esther
- She stayed humble and sought wise counsel.
- Esther thought of others more than herself.
- When it was time, she could have stayed in that castle and never revealed who she was, but she was honest and did what she was supposed to do.
- She prayed fervently and had others join her in prayer.
- Esther waited on God’s timing.
Ephesians 3:16-19 NLT I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is…
- It doesn’t matter what you’re doing as long as you are doing it for the Lord.
- We’re all called to something different.
Psalm 139:16 NLT …Every day of my life was recorded in your book…
Zephaniah 3:17 NIV …(He) will rejoice over you with singing.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- God calls us into the very thing we’re supposed to do.
Links from Linda’s story:
- The Prayer & Crisis Referral Network
- [email protected]
- Somebody Cares Tampa Bay
- Somebody Cares Pasco County
- Joy FM
- Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!