Our Guest: Renee Hall
Renee Hall is all about making the most of every opportunity that the Lord brings her. She has combined extensive volunteer work with a full-time career, which included owning her own business while raising two successful sons and managing an active family and community life. Renee considers herself a lifelong learner and disciple of Jesus, who’s always open to new experiences and relationships.
But this is where she truly sees the face and truth of God. Whether working in the marketplace, serving the homeless, caring for family members, or circulating in society circles, Renee looks for open doors to share God’s love in both word and deed. God has brought her healing and she overflows with gratitude for His goodness.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
Ephesians 5:15-17 NLT So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.
Colossians 4:5-6 NLT Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.
- Having to have a facade of perfection takes a toll.
- You can do the right things, but you still need the spirit of God to know and lean on.
- When you have one reality and then act as if you have another reality, that can allow a spirit of fear to take root.
- God wants to lead us and direct us every step of the way.
- But so many of us, particularly when we first come to know the Lord, believe, “Now I’ve got you on my side” rather than us realizing we’re on God’s side.
- God needs to be the Lord of our life.
- He will carry you through the tumultuous times.
- You can’t be a broken person inside and give to a marriage and a family all that is needed.
- Renee wanted to be in control.
- So many of us think that having just the right husband, just having kids, just getting the right house, just getting the right job. That’ll solve everything.
Renee looked at herself and realized that she was the common denominator in her problems.
- “I was putting on a good face during the day and then trying to keep the dark side of me from everyone else.”
- As Renee was going into surgery, she saw a man who leaned down and said, “Fear not, you will be well.”
- Shortly after that a friend who believed in healing prayer asked to come pray and lay hands on her. She wasn’t sure. And her husband said, “Renee, we’re desperate. We’ll do anything.”
Mark 16:17-18 NLT These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe..They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.
- Because of those encounters with the Lord, Renee started realizing that she wasn’t as afraid about her future.
- She began to have a hunger for God.
- Once you’ve had a touch from the Lord, His presence makes you different and new.
- “I had to receive it. I had to open myself up. I had to get out of my way, and receive Jesus. I had to say a yes to Him, everything about Him.”
- “God showed me my will and His will and showed me I couldn’t have both.”
- “The point is He made me new and He restored me and healed me and then He basically said, ‘Get up and go, let’s do this.’”
He’s the Lord of all and longs to be in life with all of us, be all that we need.
- “I remember one time seeing someone on the street with a bottle and feeling a little irritated about it and God placing on my heart that it was like having expensive wine in a glass in a nice place was the same thing, just coping without God.”
- God sees us all the same; He sees the heart.
- We should not see by the outer package, but see one another as God sees us.
1 Peter 3:15 NIV …Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have…
Acts 4:29-31 NKJV Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.” And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
- If the disciples needed to pray for boldness, how much more do we need to pray for boldness?
Matthew 7:7-12 NKJV “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives…
Lamentations 3:22-23 NKJV Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
Renee begins her day praying, “God, just renew my mind in you. Remind me who I am. I wanna know my worth.”
Romans 12:2 NKJV And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..
- “I can help other women know their worth if I can know my worth.”
- We love God, we love others, and serve others. And that is our great joy.
1 Corinthians 12:12-27 NKJV For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ…
- “My life has been amazing and blessed, but it’s had tribulation as well. The journey with Jesus is full of both.”
- Renee’s worry about COVID was dominating how she was living more than what God was saying.
John 8:36 NKJV Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
- “I’m free in Jesus and I’m putting all my trust in Him. I’m gonna do what I can, but He is the one.”
- We have to know what’s going on in the world around us, but we don’t have to take in all the opinions of everybody else about what’s going on. Instead, we need to know what the Lord says about the situation.
Ephesians 4:14 NKJV That we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind…
- We have to meditate on the Word. We have to pray.
- Collective prayer, repentance, and humbling ourselves in the body of Christ is so powerful.
Revelation 2:4 NKJV Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.
- Sometimes we need stillness with the Lord.
Mary Magdalene’s Story
- She traveled with Jesus and supported His ministry.
- Mary was a witness always looking for Jesus.
Philippians 3:10-14 NIV I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 1:17-22 NLT Asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.
I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come. God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!