Our Guest: Laura Allred
From a very young age, Laura Allred has known that if you have put your faith in Jesus, you also have a calling. She has chosen again and again to say yes to her calling and God has used her in some remarkable ways. Laura is a dynamic speaker, evangelist, and prayer warrior. She currently serves as the young adult pastor at Trinity Church in Dallas, Texas, and is a wife and devoted mom to her beautiful daughter.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Laura’s story:
Ephesians 4:1 NLT Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.
2 Timothy 1:5 NKJV When I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also.
- A lot of Laura’s faith has come from a godly heritage.
- God answers the prayers of children, because children pray with such faith.
- There is no junior Holy Spirit.
- “Why do you keep coming to church? Now it’s not just your parents’ faith, it belongs to you.”
- “Laura, what are you doing here? This is what you have been trained to stay away from your entire life. You’ve been called to something more.”
- “We’re going to fast and contend for a breakthrough for our daughter until we feel released from the Lord.”
- Laura determined at that point to live a life of obedience to God.
- Obedience to God is really just walking with Him.
- Just like any relationship, when you get to know someone, if you have a best friend that goes, Hey, I really hate drinking coffee. Let’s not go on coffee dates. Let’s do something else. You would say, yeah, let’s go do something else.
- Learn what kinds of things bless God’s heart, and what will draw you close to Him, and what would put separation between you and God.
God invites us into a God adventure.
- He invites us into something that wouldn’t normally occur to us.
- Laura learned that just one act of obedience led to so many other things.
“The kingdom of God is built on relationships.” – Doug Stringer
Zechariah 2:11 NKJV Many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and they shall become My people. And I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me to you.
- A prayer journey is more than just praying. God will lead you to pray and proclaim the promises of God over that nation.
- “Laura, do you think the prayers of one young woman can change the fate of a nation?”
- If you’re learning to hear the voice of God. He will ask a question that He already knows the answer to. He just wants to get you to understand that answer.
- Esther’s prayers changed the fate of her people at the time.
- What are the redemptive gifts and blessings of these cities?
- A lot of times we don’t necessarily see the end result of our prayer, but God gave Laura a little glimpse that connected her heart with His heart.
- Laura had a lot of questions for the Lord after her father passed away. But she kept turning her heart towards God.
Joshua 6 NKJV The Destruction of Jericho
God gave Laura strategy for what He had called her to do.
- Sometimes we are going to have to lay something down that’s dear to us to join God in this adventure.
- Laura knew ultimately from following the Lord that she was going to say yes to Him, but it was at a great cost.
- “I’m trusting that you are gonna do something. And you’re going to make up this time.”
- Rebekah had a yes in her heart, even though she didn’t know that act of obedience would open the door for her to marry Isaac and would lead her to be in the genealogy of the savior of the world.
- She had a willingness to lay down her conveniences. And it opened the door to her destiny.
Ephesians 2:10 NIV For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- We’re all called to different things, different works that God specifically created us for and called us to.
- Through our ‘yes’, not only are our own lives blessed and fulfilled, but God’s kingdom is advanced on the earth.
2 Thessalonians 1:11 NIV With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!