Our Guest: Nadine Naisbitt
Nadine is a Space Operations Safety Engineer working to support the International Space Station. Early in her career, she worked for NASA, training astronauts, and then in Mission Control, supporting the Space Shuttle flights. This brilliant woman is also a wife and mother of three. She interrupted her career to homeschool her children and has seen God do remarkable things as she has followed His leading. Nadine has a story of God’s power to save and set us free to walk in His fullness.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
Isaiah 41:10 NIV So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- At a very young age, Nadine developed an awe and respect for God.
- But she really didn’t have a clue that she could ever have a personal relationship with Him.
- Nadine’s standard for righteousness was really based on what her parents expected of her.
There’s power in the name of Jesus.
Isaiah 64:6 NIV All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
Romans 3:23 NIV For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
- “Well, I thought I didn’t sin. I was a good girl.”
- “What can I do to be saved?”
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
- God wanted Nadine to have women friends and He provided them.
- Once you see and experience the power of God, you never walk away. You know that it’s real and He’s real, even during those tough times that come in all of our lives. You know the power of God is going to prevail.
- As Nadine trained astronauts, she was really training herself to think of the next worst thing that could happen in her life. And so instead of breaking free from the fear she was actually reinforcing it.
2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
God wanted to retrain Nadine and transform her mind to walk in faith not fear.
- “Do people have visions of hell before they go there?” “I think they do.”
Ephesians 4:11-12 NKJV …for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry…
- A lot of discipleship is done over the dinner plate or over a cup of coffee. And it really creates that safe place to share and deal with things that might be swept under the rug in a larger setting.
- “We were attending a church on Sunday, but our spiritual growth happened in a home church type group that met midweek.”
- We who have been walking with the Lord need to take time and befriend others and share our faith journey so new believers and those struggling with different issues know the power of God and know that He can help them too.
- God gave Nadine a deeper revelation of His love and His desire to set her free from the struggle she had with fear.
- He has given us a spirit of power (dynamis)
Acts 1:8 NKJV But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
- God’s given us a spirit of love, so we can love others freely without fear of rejection.
- If somebody doesn’t receive your love it’s okay. You’re still loved by the Father. So you just go on to the next assignment knowing that He’s still at work.
- We can make wise choices without fear of failure.
- God and science are not mutually exclusive.
Proverbs 18:16 NKJV A man’s gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men.
“Charles, I know you don’t think God is real. But there’s one way that you can know without a doubt that He is real, that He loves you and that He wants you to spend eternity with Him. You can know that God is real because He sent me to you to tell you about Him.” – Nadine
- Nadine had been following God’s lead and sowing into her family. So when it was the right time, He opened the door for her that nobody else could have opened.
Key truths to know in your journey with the Lord:
- First, we are all on this journey of transformation with God.
- Romans 8:15 NKJV For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”
- He is your daddy, you are his daughter (or son) and knowing whose you are and who you are is foundational in walking in your God-given purpose.
- Secondly, God has chosen us to partner with Him.
- The Spirit of the Lord is upon you because he has anointed you to love and influence others for Him. (Isaiah 59:21 NKJV)
- When Lydia is first mentioned in the Bible, she is described as a worshiper of God, or rather a God-fearer. Yet at that time, she didn’t know Jesus.
- She became an influencer for God in her own family as well as in the city of Philippi.
- And she supported the ministry of Paul financially and through her hospitality.
- It was in Lydia’s home that the church of Philippi first gathered, so she had a home church.
- She showed boldness and courage by receiving Paul and Silas into her home after they were released from prison, even though the people of Philippi were still angry with them.
Romans 8:11 NKJV But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
- God wants His power to flow out of us to minister to others and to give others hope.
Ephesians 1:17 NKJV That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him
Philippians 4:7-9 NIV And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!