Our Guest: Laura Allred
From a very young age, Laura Allred has known that if you have put your faith in Jesus, you also have a calling. She has chosen again and again to say yes to her calling and God has used her in some remarkable ways. Laura is a dynamic speaker, evangelist, and prayer warrior. She currently serves as the young adult pastor at Trinity Church in Dallas, Texas, and is a wife and devoted mom to her beautiful daughter.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
1 Peter 1:7 NIV These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
1 Kings 18-19 NIV Elijah on Mount Carmel
- “Wow, Lord, I’ve been through some things and I’m really tired.”
Genesis 3 NIV …Did God really say…
- Laura wrestled with the thought, ”Okay, Lord, where are you in this? And do you really have my best interest at heart?”
Isaiah 8:18 NKJV Here am I and the children whom the Lord has given me! We are for signs and wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, who dwells in Mount Zion.
Romans 8:15 NKJV For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”
When Laura faced heart crushing disappointment, she went to the Lord with her anger.
- “I realized I really missed the Lord and I couldn’t give Him the silent treatment forever.”
John 6:68 NIV Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
- Finally Laura said, “Okay, Lord, if you never do this thing for me, if I never feel a baby move in my womb, You’re enough for me and I love you and I miss worshiping You… Lord, I belong to You. And You don’t owe me an explanation.”
- God had the joy of motherhood waiting for Laura all along, but He wanted to make sure that He would always hold first place in her life.
- “Am I enough? Just me, am I enough for you?”
- No matter what lies ahead in our lives, the ups and downs. The Lord loves His kids and He has our best interest at heart.
Rebekah’s Story Genesis 24 NKJV
Truths for the Younger Generations:
- This generation deals with shame because many as children were seeing things that they shouldn’t have seen as a minor.
- Radical individualism is contrary to the word of God.
- Those things together have caused a lot of confusion.
- The word of God is unchanging and it is the true truth.
- No matter what state we’re in God loves us; there’s nothing we can do to make Him love us less. Or there’s nothing we can do to make Him love us more.
- It’s the choices you make that will let you enter in and know the love of God fully or not.
- Walking in obedience and walking according to the Word of God is where you’re going to have your most fulfilled life ever.
The Shulamite Woman
Song of Solomon NKJV …Draw me away! We will run after you…
- Her cry is, “Jesus, draw me after you. I want to run with you.”
- The Shulamite is tender to her bridegroom.
- Laura sees herself as the Shulamite and sees Jesus as her bridegroom who calls her, who loves her, who woos her, who’s running after her, who’s drawing her to Him.
Song of Solomon 2:4 NKJV He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.
Song of Solomon 3:4 NKJV …When I found the one I love. I held him and would not let him go…
- “I am going to let go of Him, but I’m going to come back to Him.”
Song of Solomon 8:5 NKJV Who is this coming up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved?…
Laura has been through the desert with God, but she came out of the desert and she’s leaning on Him.
Malachi 3:3 NKJV He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer to the Lord an offering in righteousness.
- The dross God removes from our lives in the process was holding us back from greater joy, greater peace, and a greater life in Christ.
- And if we embrace that process and let God have His way, He will do even greater things in and through us.
- God’s great works are accessible because He invites us into them.
Psalm 115:14-15 NIV May the Lord cause you to flourish, both you and your children. May you be blessed by the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
- Martin Luther King Jr “I Have a Dream” speech
- Worth It All by Rita Springer
- Dutch Sheets
- Christ for the Nations
- Trinity Church
- The Send
- Moral Revolution
- Back to Life Movement
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!