Our Guest: Joyce Kahleh
Joyce Kahleh has grasped how much God loves her and us. Growing up in a moderate Muslim home, she believed there’s a God but had no concept of His love. Once she encountered Him, things changed. Since then, she has spent her life telling others about our wonderful Savior. Joyce now serves as the mission director at Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, and is passionate about sharing the love of God with others.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
1 John 4:16 NLT We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.
- At the very core of our being, God created us to be loved and to love. Really knowing that God is love and that God truly loves us is life-changing.
- Joyce’s older brother went on a quest and asked God to show him the truth, not from his parents or a teacher. He wanted God to show him himself.
- “God, I know you’re real. I know I have a purpose and I matter, and I just want You to show me the truth.”
- “So I heard the gospel and knew that Jesus was the son of God and that if I didn’t accept him, I would die and go to hell. And that’s all I knew. I didn’t know anything about the Bible, but God revealed himself to me.”
- God started slowly revealing His love to Joyce. It wasn’t just a religion, but it was a true relationship.
- “It’s His love that really settled me in. Not me loving God but knowing God’s love for me. That was the huge difference.”
- The fear of God brought her, but it’s His love that’s kept her.
Romans 8:1 NKJV There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
“I had condemnation in me, but there’s none in Christ.”
- God showed Joyce that He’s paid the price for every sin and that His grace is a gift and she just has to receive it.
- Joyce’s obedience was a pathway into a greater life with other believers.
- The Bible talks about honoring your parents and not preach and not say anything, but just pray and be a witness.
- During that time, Joyce spent time ministering to the Lord and letting Him minister to her.
- “What was it? You know, all this great preaching?” And he said, “No, God just opened my heart.”
- A devotional written by Dutch Sheets spoke of the importance of a revelation from God of who He is and our need for Him.
- God is pro-people. He never loves one and hates another, but He loves all people.
- Just be still and hear from God, then take those steps when you hear Him.
One thing Joyce learned from John Osteen is to follow peace. When God leads, He doesn’t push or put fear, but He leads by peace.
- “When He put a desire in my heart, the door would open and I would just follow it. And that’s how He led me into these different ministries.”
- The Lord uses everything in our life.
- The ministry of presence is so big. Whenever you continue to go somewhere and build a relationship with them, then they trust you and listen, and they’re encouraged.
1 Corinthians 3:6-8 NIV I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor.
God wants us to serve the local body as well as the world.
- We should be open and not afraid to step out and love whoever God puts in our path. Everyone has their world to talk to and minister to.
- See where God’s working and join Him.
- Take that first step and grow in it. Don’t volunteer for everything, but just commit for six months. And then from there, you’ll know where your passion lies.
“Everyone’s a minister.” – John Osteen
- You are a minister wherever you are, and God will equip you for where you are.
- When you appreciate a people group and love them, just knowing how to greet them is a big deal.
- The Lord uses people who make themselves available to Him. So if you say, “Lord, use me, I’m available.” He will direct you.
- Where love flows is where God’s going.
Matthew 14:14 NKJV And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick.
- Every time Jesus was moved with compassion, He talked to someone, He healed somebody, or they were delivered.
- “And I’m never afraid to do it now because I’ve realized the devil never wants to encourage somebody.”
1 Corinthians 13:8 NKJV Love never fails…
Key Truths that Joyce has Learned:
- Know God’s love and receive it.
1 John 4:18 NKJV There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear…
- God’s got a plan for you.
- We are not our own; God bought us with a price.
- Use the gifts God has given you. Those gifts are for the body and for the world.
- Esther understood the power of God in just listening for the right timing of His instruction and being bold.
- She used her blessing and influence to help others.
- God’s got so much for us to do, but it’s not in our own strength.
Ephesians 3:20 NIV Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us
- We are blessed to be a blessing, not for ourselves, but to really see the world come and the harvest come in.
Romans 8:38-39 NIV For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Nothing can separate us from the love of God and He wants others to know that great love as well.
Psalm 139:16 NLT You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
Ephesians 3:17b-19 NIV And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!