Our Guest: Dr. Victoria Sarvadi
Dr. Victoria Sarvadi has a mandate from the Lord to acquire knowledge. Not just for her own edification or glorification, but to help others in their walk with the Lord. She experienced clinical death, and when she woke up, she had a whole new perspective on life. Victoria has both master’s and doctorate degrees in theology from the former Centre for the Study of Biblical Research, which is now under the auspices of the Hebraic Christian Global Community. She’s been a certified minister since 2000 and an author as well as a speaker for conferences, congregations, women’s ministry groups, Bible studies, and at the Vision for Israel Succoth conferences in Jerusalem, Israel.
Victoria’s also the executive director for the March of Remembrance in Dallas. She has six children, 20 grandchildren, and is married to Paul Sarvadi, who’s the chairman and CEO and co-founder of Insperity Inc. As co-founders of the Nathaniel Foundation, the Sarvadis’ philanthropic contributions support numerous charities in the US and abroad. Victoria’s book, Just a Little Girl, tells more of her story and all the proceeds go toward the Nathaniel Foundation.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
Proverbs 18:15 NIV The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out.
Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
- As a teenager, Victoria realized that salvation was unmerited, yet God wanted to give it to her.
- It’s important to realize that you can bring a person to the Lord. But unless you disciple them, they’ll just wither and die on the vine.
- We live in time and space. God lives in timelessness outside of time.
- Perets is the one who stands in the gap.
Malachi 4:2 NKJV But to you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go out and grow fat like stall-fed calves.
Micah 2:13 NKJV The one who breaks open will come up before them; they will break out, pass through the gate, and go out by it; their king will pass before them, with the Lord at their head.
- There is a time continuum that is already designed for your life.
Romans 11:29 NKJV For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
- “You’re going to receive all that God has planned for you. And you’re going to teach others what you understand.”
Victoria woke from her coma and told her husband, “The Lord wants us to acquire more knowledge.”
2 Corinthians 12:2 NKJV I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven.
- Victoria began to realize how important evangelism is and how important having a testimony is to share.
- “I will give you another child and this child will be great in the sight of the Lord. We’ll do great exploits for my kingdom. And we’ll lead many to the saving knowledge of the Lord.”
- You can’t acquire wisdom, but you can acquire knowledge. For you can get in the Word and allow that Word to pour in you. And when that happens, it changes us.
- Hāḵmâ is wisdom, and His wisdom is supernatural.
Romans 12:2 NKJV And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Ephesians 5:26 NKJV That He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word
- He wants to use us as instruments in His hands to heal the sick and deliver those who are oppressed. And to counsel and things that we don’t have the capacity to do or understand on our own.
- God’s power is real and He does work through us.
Leviticus 23 NKJV Feasts of the Lord
- Communion is an abbreviated Passover.
- Jesus couldn’t wait to explain and reveal Himself in these Passover elements.
- He was Jewish. Jesus went to the synagogues.
- Hālaḵ which means to walk.
The way of Christ, or the hālaḵ of Yeshua, was how He interpreted the scripture for us so that we could live and walk it out.
- The Judaism of the first century is different from the rabbinic Judaism of today.
- Mitzvot generally means good deeds.
Matthew 5:17 NKJV “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.”
- Miqrā’ means convocations to the Lord
- They were rehearsals of what was to come so when He did show up on the scene, they’d recognize Him.
- If we have a president that says, “I will fulfill the constitution of the United States of America.” It doesn’t mean that when he does it, it’s over with. Rather it means that he enforces it and he makes it real.
- Torah means instruction.
- Yara is an archery term. It means a bullseye.
- When we say Christ is the bullseye of God’s laws, of God’s instruction, that changes everything.
- There’s a lot of prophetic books that if we would just integrate into our faith we’ll be able to recognize the Messiah when He comes again.
John 13:34 NKJV A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
Exodus 20 NKJV The Ten Commandments
- Love drives all the commandments.
Romans 2:14-15 NLT Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.
Concerning God’s laws, instructions is a better word than laws.
Galatians 3:13-14 NKJV Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
- But all the blessings that are in the Torah are still for us because they are part of the covenant promises.
- Mishpatim – how we behave in love
- God wants to write those things onto our hearts that cause us to walk in love, truth and righteousness.
Matthew 6:3 NKJV But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing
- “God, put your law in my mind and write it on my heart so I don’t sin against you.”
God’s purpose is to bring heaven to earth.
Romans 8:19 NKJV For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.
- Tikkun Olam – the restoration of all things
Ezekiel 28:13-15 NKJV The Garden of Eden
- Nahash means enchanter, deceiver.
- And what we fight today is that people want to be their own God.
- Chokhmah – the Wisdom of God
Proverbs 10:22 NKJV The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.
- Adam and Eve were given dominion over the earth and they bowed down to Satan instead of God, blatantly denying His instructions. Then a conqueror, which would have been the Nahash, the serpent, He would receive the spoils of the one he conquered.
- So he received this earth and he is now the prince of the air, the prince of darkness.
Ephesians 2:2 NKJV In which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
God redeems His people unto Himself.
Titus 2:14 NKJV Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
- The redemption is all written in the Passover feast.
- There are three feasts in Passover, Unleavened Bread, and the Feast of First Fruits (bikkurim).
- Yeshua was crucified on one, He was buried on another, and He was raised on the next one.
- So these feasts have within them the very essence of what they mean, the story of the crucifixion, burial, and the resurrection of the Redeemer.
- Shavuot – Pentecost
Ephesians 3 NKJV …And to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places…That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man…
The Feast of Trumpets symbolizes the second coming of the Lord.
Revelation 20:12-15 NKJV …And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works…
Zechariah 12:10 NKJV “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.
Ezekiel 36:26 NKJV I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Isaiah 42:6 NLT …And you will be a light to guide the nations…
Romans 11:17-24 NKJV …But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.”…
- Victoria urges us to ask, “God, what do you want us to do to help the Jewish people?”
The Story of Ruth
Ruth NIV …But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.
- Ruth was a Gentile from a nation that wasn’t God’s chosen nation, yet she was adopted into that nation.
- She had a kinsman redeemer. Of course, that all points to Yeshua, our Jewish Messiah.
- Ruth willingly left her ways to join the Lord and the Jewish people in theirs.
2 Chronicles 1:10 NIV Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?
- And God was delighted.
- Solomon didn’t seek to acquire wisdom and knowledge purely for his own benefit. He was looking to the interests of others.
God loves to lead and equip us with everything we need so that we can bless others through His word and knowledge.
Hebrews 13:21 NIV Equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Hebrews 4:16 NKJV Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Isaiah 61:10 NKJV …For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness…
Matthew 7:7-9 NKJV Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you…
Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Proverbs 16:9 NKJV …But the Lord directs his steps.
Hebrews 12:2 NLT We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus…
Ephesians 1:17 NLT Asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.
1 Chronicles 22:11-13 NLT “Now, my son, may the Lord be with you and give you success as you follow his directions in building the Temple of the Lord your God. And may the Lord give you wisdom and understanding, that you may obey the Law of the Lord your God as you rule over Israel. For you will be successful if you carefully obey the decrees and regulations that the Lord gave to Israel through Moses. Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or lose heart!
- Just a Little Girl by Victoria Sarvadi
- Celebrating Jesus in the Biblical Feasts by Dr. Richard Booker
- Centre for the Study of Biblical Research
- Hebraic Christian Global Community
- Vision for Israel
- March of Remembrance in Dallas
- Insperity Inc
- The Nathaniel Foundation
- Aglow International
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!