Our Guest: Gloria Robbins
Gloria Robbins holds a bachelor’s degree in education from West Texas State University and a Master’s of Arts in theology from Oral Roberts University.
She and her husband have worked in ministry for over 35 years. They pastored 25 years, with 21 of those years at Trinity Fellowship Church in Pampa, Texas where Gloria served as Women’s Pastor. Throughout the years Gloria has also been a classroom teacher in public and private schools.
Her passion is teaching the Word of God and communicating these truths in creative, concise ways that women connect with and are inspired to love the Word. Gloria has spoken at numerous women’s retreats and has written articles for various publications. She also volunteers her time as a CASA.
Gloria and her husband Lonny have been married for 43 years, have two married children and six beautiful grandchildren.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
2 Chronicles 16:9 NKJV For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him…
- “When I surrendered my life to the Lord, He transformed me inside. Everything changed about me, everything.”
- Sometimes God does things suddenly.
- Gloria is a firm believer that if you love Jesus, you do what glorifies Him.
- “We were so committed to what Jesus wanted, that that’s why we stayed married. And he healed our marriage. And we have a great marriage.”
Psalm 139 NKJV …You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me…
- I began to just eat that word in my spirit and began to be healed from rejection.
- Rejection was not an instantaneous deliverance. It was a tearing down limb by limb, stronghold by stronghold, thought by thought, and sometimes situation by situation. For Gloria, it was an ongoing process.
Ephesians 1:6 NKJV To the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
God showed Gloria how to handle her emotions.
- Satan just loves to play on our emotions, and the word emotion comes from a Latin word, to move air, to move out.
- Gloria learned to combat those emotions and that spirit of rejection with the word of God.
- “People who don’t take control over their thoughts lose what I’m wanting to impregnate them with or what I have put in them. They’ll lose it if they do not rein their thoughts in.”
Romans 8:5 NKJV For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
- We have to reign our thoughts in and bring them under subjection to what the word of God tells us to do.
1 Peter 1:13 NKJV Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ
2 Corinthians 10:5 NKJV Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ
- You take those thoughts captive and then can start thinking about what is pure and holy and good and all of those things that the Lord tells us to think on.
Philippians 4:8 NKJV Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
- It is a practice, but you have to do it every day.
We live and move and have our being in Christ.
Acts 17:28 NKJV For in Him we live and move and have our being…
- The word of the Lord is powerful, so fear has to leave.
- Even in our hardest times, God can show Himself a strong healer.
- God brings us through different seasons to do different works in our life.
- However, the Lord doesn’t let anything go. He loves us, He wants us whole.
- The Lord has always got a plan and He will use anything in our lives for our good.
Romans 8:28 NKJV And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
- Joyce Meyer talks about people having such a hard time forgiving anyone, and she says it’s because they don’t follow the Word.
Matthew 5:44 NKJV But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you
The word loving is not talking about emotion. It’s talking about doing what is best for the other person.
- So many times we think we’re forgiving someone, we just won’t speak about them, but we don’t bless them. And the word says bless them.
- When we begin to really pray for someone, God can change our perspective. Forgiveness is a journey.
- If God requires it, like forgiveness, He gives us the grace to walk through it.
- Gloria’s favorite definition of grace is His favor that empowers us to obey Him.
Ephesians 6:18 NKJV Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—
- “Pray” (proseuchomai) is to interact with the Lord by switching human wishes (ideas) for His wishes as He imparts faith (“divine persuasion”).
- When we start praying for those who despitefully use us, we give Him our desires and ask Him to give us His.
- And He will give us that compassion for that person and probably many others.
- It’s a journey, but you can never go wrong by obeying God.
- If the Lord says it, it’s true.
1 John 1:9 NKJV If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- The word confession is present tense.
- Whenever the Lord brings something up that you could have done differently or a sin, you confess that.
- As we walk in the Word and know who we are in Him, we can know that we are forgiven because He says we’re forgiven. We are covered by the blood.
James 1:27 NKJV Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
Gloria’s Encouragement to us:
- Get into the Word.
- Spend time in His presence.
- Give Him the first fruits of your day so you can get settled for the day.
- Then just believe His Word.
- She came from a pagan society and was a prostitute.
- Yet, she had grown up with these stories of hearing about the God of Israel, and she believed him.
Matthew 22:35-38 NLT One of them, an expert in religious law, tried to trap him with this question: “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?” Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.”
- If you hear about God, do it. If we’re loving Him with our heart and our soul and our mind, that’s moving us to action and obedience.
Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!