Our Guest: Kynada Boland
Kynada’s story is unique. She met her husband, Justin, in Port au Prince while they were each responding to the Haiti earthquake in 2010 for separate organizations! Justin and Kynada have seen crisis reveal the need for an encounter with God; and are passionate about equipping people to respond to God’s leading in the midst of challenges. Kynada has a rich teaching history in the urban classroom and in the wilderness. She is the visionary and author of Preparedness Peace which helps establish families in a foundation of preparedness. Kynada, Justin and their three children call Jerusalem, Israel their home where Justin serves with the Jewish Agency. For more information, check out PreparednessPeace.com.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Kynada’s story
- “I see you,” says the Lord.
- Even in the process of her father dying, the Lord showed His faithfulness over and over.
- God made it clear to Kynada from a young age that He loved me.
- “Tell them that I love them.”
- The whispers of my heart, I need a father, and I need you to show up.
- He knows how He made us and what ignites our passions
- Life with God is the most incredible adventure.
Kynada learned that when we follow His plan we discover who we were created to be.
Isaiah 43 NIV But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead. Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’ Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—
Isaiah 55 NIV …“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts…
Any crisis is an invitation to encounter God.
- “I want what I have for you more than you want it for yourself,” says the Lord.
Nehemiah 3 NIV The Rebuilding of the Wall
- I’m not just calling you. I’ve called your children by name to this city. And it’s essential to their destiny that they are there.
- If we surrender to Him, He will give us something so much greater.
- First, Gratitude –
- “It will determine whether Jerusalem receives you or spits you out”
- Gratitude is a choice.
- Cultivating gratitude is the biggest gift you can give yourself.
- Secondly, Spend time in the Word
- Third, Worship
- Fourthly, Surround yourself with people who are strong and can speak truth and life.
- God’s dreams are always way too big for us to do by ourselves.
- Be excellent and faithful in all you do, and I’ll take care of the rest.
Life with God is the best adventure and the most exciting and the most life-giving thing ever.
Esther NIV She stood up for what she knew was right, no matter what it cost her.
Jeremiah 29:11 AMP For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Psalm 37:3-5 NKJV Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.
- When we trust in God, we find out He’s a good God and He’s faithful.
Jerusalem : Check out information on the city Kynada calls home!
Old City of Jerusalem : This link will take you to various photos and videos of the Old City of Jerusalem.
Shakshuka with Feta The Boland family’s favorite breakfast!
Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies Their favorite cookies – yum!
Preparedness Peace by Justin and Kynada Boland
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!