Our Guest: Beverly Burchett
Beverly received Christ at the age of 10 and was baptized shortly after. That ignited her life of service! Even before she married Pastor Charles Burchett, Beverly began teaching Sunday School in her church. Later, as a pastor’s wife, she served as Youth Director, Women’s Bible Study Leader, and Worship Leader, including flag, banner, and dance teams in church. She also founded Women at War for the City, an effort to facilitate prayer for the land, cities, and Church of Deep East Texas. Beverly wrote the prayer booklet for The Call Texas in 2003; and has been on the board of Pray Texas as well as one of the Texas Directors for the United States Global Apostolic Prayer Network. In 2005, when Hurricane Rita’s eye came directly through Kirbyville, she jumped in to help run a point of distribution at the church which was the start of involvement in other disaster relief ministry as well.
In addition to ministry, Beverly homeschooled her children, gave piano lessons for 20 years, and now runs her own professional photography business. Her joy has always been her husband Charles, her two children, and their families which include seven very special grandchildren. Beverly’s heart is to worship the Lord Jesus, My King and Master, and to walk in daily obedience to Him.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures
John 1:5 NIV The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
- God gives you the tools for the challenging times you will face.
John 3:16 NIV For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- God’s Word is convicting.
- Loving God is not the same as making a commitment to follow Him.
- Christianity is declaring Jesus as your Savior and Lord.
Ephesians 1:18 NIV I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people
- Our relationship with our Heavenly Father hinges on our earthly father.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Sometimes we confuse being moral with having a relationship with God.
- When God asks you to step out in faith, it’s as much about teaching you as it is about teaching someone else.
- You don’t have to be perfect to be a leader. You only need to be one step ahead of someone to be able to lead them.
- We only need to walk daily in the steps God has for us.
- “I have to ask the Lord first.”
- Beverly’s husband, Charles, was called to be a pastor, not a preacher.
- Beverly and her friend, Tex, interceded on behalf of their husbands while they were ministering to a hostile group. Hundreds were saved while Beverly and Tex stood in the gap in prayer.
- Their entire city had a transformation.
God moved Beverly and her husband to a place where they could learn to trust each other and trust God.
- A pastor’s heart is to equip and prepare his congregation for the work of the ministry.
- Discipleship is about training people how to go deeper in their relationship with God.
- We can invite the Holy Spirit to make the Word alive to us.
- Satan does not want the average Christian growing in their faith and being equipped to do works of service.
- The enemy cannot defeat you as easily when you’re discerning and aware because the Lord is ordering your steps.
Proverbs 20:24 NIV A person’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way?
- “If you will let Me, for My Glory, I want to let this destroyer loose in your life. It’s for My Glory and you can trust Me.”
- “There’s something in me that rises up to a challenge, especially with one that the Holy Spirit would give us.”
- Spiritual warfare can affect the natural realm.
- The enemy comes at us through people.
Ephesians 6:12 NIV For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
- We have to remember that it’s the enemy and not the person who is attacking us.
- Anger can become a stronghold in our lives and be based in unforgiveness.
- Part of spiritual warfare is to walk in freedom.
- Unforgiveness is the biggest thing that keeps us from having all of God.
Beverly and her husband walked in obedience and forgave; God brought judgment.
- We don’t take things into our own hands, we obey God and do what He says and leave it with Him.
- God will show us what battles to fight and which ones not to fight.
- God provided when they needed it.
James 1:27 NIV Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
- Their goal in Kirbyville, TX was to prepare a place for God’s Kingdom and for Him to rule and reign.
- A redemptive gift is the same as the gifts of the Spirit in the Bible.
God not only gives redemptive gifts to people, but also to cities and regions.
- Through prayer, God was able to rescue girls from horrific abuse in their region.
- Their access to the schools to pray started small. As they showed faithfulness and consistency, they were allowed more opportunities.
- One of the things that they pray over their region is life.
- Every generation is to be remembered.
- God has put us here to be life-givers and represent Him.
- God pours life into us and fills us back up.
- We all have times where we need to step back and be alone with God.
- Happiness depends on your circumstances; joy comes regardless because of who God is.
- Keys to Being Successful in Spiritual Warfare:
- Walk in the river of forgiveness.
- You cannot accomplish the purposes that God has for you if you have bitterness.
- Make sure there’s nothing between you and God or you and other people.
- Be in the Word daily.
- Understand that success is not in what we see accomplished but in our obedience.
- We’re not responsible for the outcomes.
- Allow God to give you a strategy.
- Walk in the river of forgiveness.
- “I’m just following the Captain of the host.”
- Worship and lift God high.
- Pray the things that are on God’s heart.
- In worshiping God, He accomplishes many things that we don’t even know about.
- We can learn from reading about Jezebel’s tactics.
Revelation 2:20 NIV Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel…
- We should pray for pastors.
- Esther shows us how to minister to the king and intercede for a nation.
- We should prepare ourselves to go into the presence of God and minister to Him in adoration.
- Then we can intercede for the things that are on God’s heart.
Matthew 5:13-16 NIV Salt and Light
- Wherever God places us, He wants us to be salt and light sharing the Good News of Jesus in our words and actions.
James 5:16b NLT The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
- God has put you where you are for a reason.
- Our prayers move God.
- God’s Grace is our hope.
Colossians 1:9-12 NLT So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of His will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better. We also pray that you will be strengthened with all His glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light.
- This Present Darkness by Frank E. Peretti
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!