Our Guest: Kynada Boland
Kynada’s story is unique. She and her family have been living in Jerusalem for about eight years now. Kynada met her husband, Justin, in Port au Prince while they were each responding to the Haiti earthquake in 2010 for separate organizations! Justin and Kynada have seen crisis reveal the need for an encounter with God; and are passionate about equipping people to respond to God’s leading in the midst of challenges. Kynada has a rich teaching history in the urban classroom and in the wilderness. She is the visionary and author of Preparedness Peace which helps establish families in a foundation of preparedness. Kynada, Justin and their three children call Jerusalem, Israel their home where Justin serves with the Jewish Agency. For more information, check out PreparednessPeace.com.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Kynada’s story:
Psalm 122:6-7 NLT Pray for peace in Jerusalem. May all who love this city prosper. O Jerusalem, may there be peace within your walls and prosperity in your palaces.
- From the outset, the tragedy and the trauma impacted every person.
- “Right away, just recognizing that we really need to guard our hearts and our minds. We need to stay in the shelter of His wings.”
Philippians 4:7 NLT Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 91:4 NLT He will cover you with his feathers. (And) He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
- “We have the Lord and we know His promises. And we know that ultimately He is the only one who gives peace that the world can’t take away.”
John 14:27 NLT I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
Psalms 37:23-25 NLT The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives…
Kynada and her husband didn’t make the decision alone to come back to America.
Hebrews 10:25 NIV Not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
- The Lord had actually been speaking to Kynada and her husband for months about a hard left that was coming.
- “Lord, if this is the hard left, like I don’t wanna miss it.”
- The Lord will give you confidence that you will know what to do.
- Their departure could only be orchestrated by the Lord.
- The whole thing was a faith walk; there were no details.
- We are loved and God delights in us.
Psalm 147:11 NIV The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
1 John 4:19 NIV We love because he first loved us.
Worship is warfare.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
- It’s a battle against God’s covenant with Israel and His faithfulness and promises.
- The enemy is coming against who God is.
- Our worship matters and our worship is warfare. So we can actually contribute and participate with our worship.
- Deception is increasing and we have to be discerning.
- So that we know and can discern what is truth and what is not.
- And guarding our hearts and minds with His truth and with His presence.
1 Kings 19:9-13 NKJV God’s Revelation to Elijah
- A lot of times, we can look for the big sign like, “Oh, then I’ll know what to do”.
- But it really is in His still small voice that we need to cultivate our ability to hear and obey.
Isaiah 30:21 NKJV Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.
- “Can you hear my voice?”
- And if not, tune your ear a little bit sharper.
- Gaza is the number one place that people respond to with openness to the gospel and openness to learning about who the prophet Jesus is.
Isaiah 55 NIV …Give ear and come to me; listen, that you may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David…
Prayers for the Middle East
- Pray the Lord would protect the innocent civilians and draw them unto Himself.
- Also wisdom for the Israeli leaders that they would seek the Lord and they would do what He says.
2 Chronicles 20 NIV …Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah…
- That they would guard their hearts and minds and take on the armor of God and all of the gifts that He’s given us.
- Comfort for His people.
- For the soldiers, that they would be supernaturally protected and effective.
- An edict came out of Persia to destroy all the Jewish people.
- Like Mordecai and Esther, as believers who love and serve the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, we’re called to stand with the Jewish people and with God’s promises for Israel.
- The replacement theology has stolen so much of our understanding of God’s heart for Israel and it as a specific location and people with a very specific destiny.
Genesis 12:1-9 NIV …“I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”…
Hebrews 13:8 NIV Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Psalm 119:160 NIV All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.
John 3:16-17 NKJV For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
- Jesus loves even those that you and I might not think deserve salvation.
- While we bless Israel and pray that evil will be vanquished,, we must also pray for the salvation of all, like the Palestinians who are trapped in the crossfire and even those associated with Hamas and Hezbollah.
- God Wants Good Things For You! Kynada Boland’s Story (Episode 7)
- Project Dynamo
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!