Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
Isaiah 41:10 NIV So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- In the name of Jesus, we can command a spirit of anger or fear to leave.
James 4:7 NIV Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- Fear had erected a stronghold in Lura’s mind that had to be dismantled and replaced with truth from God’s Word.
- You cannot read the Word of God and not start changing.
Hebrews 4:12 NKJV For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
2 Corinthians 10:5 NKJV Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.
- Every time Lura had a fearful thought, she would say, “Jesus took this fear of mine on the cross for me and He set me free from it.”
- She intentionally began agreeing with God and battling the spirit of fear in her life.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- We don’t need to walk in fear of circumstances, rather in fear of the Lord.
God taught Lura that when you are set free from something that’s a stronghold in your life, like fear, it bursts a dam that now begins to cultivate other qualities or characteristics in your life.
- When you understand the character of God, God wants to cultivate that same character in you.
Galatians 5:22-23 NKJV But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
- Even before Nadine became a Christian, she discovered that there is power in the name of Jesus!
Isaiah 64:6 NIV All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
Romans 3:23 NIV For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
God wanted to retrain Nadine and transform her mind to walk in faith not fear.
- He has given us a spirit of power (dynamis).
Acts 1:8 NKJV But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
- God’s given us a spirit of love, so we can love others freely without fear of rejection.
- We can make wise choices without fear of failure.
- Once Nadine started holding on to and declaring God’s Word in her life, God gave Nadine a deeper revelation of His love and His desire to set her free from the struggle she had with fear.
When we apply God’s Word to our lives as Mary, Lura and Nadine did – we overcome the things in our lives that hinder us in our relationship with God and others.
- When Sandra needed that encounter with the Lord that would bring her out of that pit of fear, she went to the Word.
“Life is going well, but something’s deeply broken in me emotionally.”
- Sandra went on a quest to seek God for answers.
- “What I’ve learned on Sunday, am I living it on Monday?”
- Has God’s Word become real and alive to you?
Psalm 139:13 NIV For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
1 John 4:18 NKJV There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
- “I need a whole truckload of perfect love.”
1 Corinthians 13 NIV …Love is patient, love is kind…
Romans 8:15 NIV The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.
- God has a purpose for our lives.
- Our Bible is our instruction book.
- We need to know the Word for ourselves.
Galatians 5:22-23 NIV But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
James 1:22-25 NIV Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says…
It’s not our assignment to worry about people, just to love them.
Genesis 3:10 NIV He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
- Fear kept them from intimacy with God!
- Abigail was fearless in the face of great danger and received a great reward. (1 Samuel 25 NIV)
- With great courage, she let perfect love for those in her household override any trepidation she may have felt.
Fear has no place in our hearts or lives.
2 Timothy 1:7 NLT For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
- As truth sinks into your spirit – your mind will be renewed and you will find faith rising up as well.
- Humble yourself before God – repenting for anything He convicts you of (remember there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus).
Romans 10:17 NKJV So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Philippians 1:6 NLT And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
- There is Authority in the Name of Jesus, Mary Nelson’s Story (Ep. 45)
- You Can Trust God, Lura Mineau’s Story (Ep. 51)
- I Learned To Stand On God’s Word, Lura Mineau’s Story (Ep. 52)
- God Saved My Place As I Was Mom, Nadine Naisbitt’s Story (Ep. 56)
- I Needed Perfect Love To Cast Out Fear, Sandra Tracy’s Story (Ep. 60)
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!