Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
“Always have an attitude of gratitude.” – Sterling Brown
Psalm 100:4 NKJV Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- If you want to be where God is — thanksgiving and praise are the way in!
- George Washington, the first US President, proclaimed the first official day of Thanksgiving in 1789 – the very first year of his presidency.
- Congress passed a law in 1941 making it a permanent legal holiday.
Exodus 14:31-15:20 NLT When the people of Israel saw the mighty power that the Lord had unleashed against the Egyptians, they were filled with awe before him. They put their faith in the Lord and in his servant Moses. Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the Lord: “I will sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously; he has hurled both horse and rider into the sea. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him—my father’s God, and I will exalt him! The Lord is a warrior; Yahweh is his name!…
Their thanksgiving to the Lord for salvation quickly turned into praise of God’s power and might!
Exodus 15:20-21 NLT Then Miriam the prophet, Aaron’s sister, took a tambourine and led all the women as they played their tambourines and danced. And Miriam sang this song: “Sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously; he has hurled both horse and rider into the sea.”
- “There have been valleys and struggles – but as I review my life thus far – I see the beautiful mountaintops of God’s grace and goodness.”
Matthew 26:6-13 NLT The Woman with the Alabaster Jar
- “I want to pour out my life and praise in gratitude to Jesus.”
- If you are in a valley season, ask the Lord to lift your eyes up to see the beautiful mountaintops in your life.
Psalm 28:7 NLT The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!