Our Guest: Joan Hunter
Joan Hunter is a compassionate minister, dynamic teacher, an accomplished author, and an anointed healing evangelist.
She has devoted her life to carry the message of hope, deliverance and healing to the nations. As President and Founder of Hearts 4 Him and Joan Hunter Ministries, her vision is to equip believers to take the healing power of God beyond the four walls of the church to the four corners of the earth. Joan’s genuine approach and candid delivery enables her to connect intimately with people from all walks of life. Some have described her as being like a Carol Burnett with the anointing of Jesus.
Joan ministers the Gospel with manifestations of supernatural signs and wonders in healing school sessions, miracle services, conferences, and churches around the world. Being sensitive to the Holy Spirit, Joan speaks prophetically in the services, releasing personal and corporate prophetic ministry to those in attendance.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures from Joan’s story:
Acts 1:1 NIV In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach
Romans 10:9 NKJV That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
1 Corinthians 12:4 NKJV There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
- While God gives different gifts to each member of His body, praying for and seeing healing, deliverance, and miracles is something we can all participate in.
- When Joan’s mom changed radically after her salvation, Joan thought, “I want in on this. I want to have that radical change.”
- “God, I can live without a breast, but I can’t live with a broken heart.”
- They said, “What did you do with the cancer?” I said, “I sent it home to hell.”
- God spoke to Joan, “Just remember they’re not the ones that called you.”
- You think that God can’t use you because of your past. Yet God will use your past, we don’t have to linger there.
- “Why didn’t you tell us that you needed money?” “Because then you would have been my hero and not Jesus.”
Philippians 4:19 NKJV And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Marriage is a covenant relationship.
- If you allow God to take down your walls, you’re going to get hurt again, guaranteed. But if not, you’ll never love again either.
- Joan asked, “God, why did you choose a 70 year old woman and not a 50 year old man to do what I’m doing?” He said, “The 50 year old man said no.”
When God asks us, male or female, to do something, we need to say, “God, I’ll go anywhere you want me to go.”
- There’s who you are in Christ, then there’s who are you?
- “I’m a person of mercy. I’m a radical giver and I’m a servant.”
- God’s our source.
- It’s important that you have budgets and that kind of stuff, but you know what? It’s important that you trust Him to make up the difference.
- God doesn’t always do it the way we think He’s gonna do it, but He always does it right.
Ephesians 2:7 NLT So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.
The Woman with the Issue of Blood
- She never got a name, she just got a label.
- But she was determined to find Jesus and when she found Him, she was healed.
- She could have easily quit.
- When she touched Him, she was made completely well.
- God restored everything.
John 14:12-15 NLT I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! If you love me, obey my commandments.
- “He helped me even better than that.”
- You can ask God for anything.
Mark 16:18 NKJV …they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.
- God meets our needs not according to who we are or what we’ve done, but according to who He is.
Acts 4:29-30 NLT And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word. Stretch out your hand with healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus.
Books by Joan Hunter:
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!