Our Guest: Diana Homsi
Diana Homsi has experienced the righteous right hand of God, protecting her and caring for her during war, times of uncertainty, sickness, and heartache. She has learned to walk in faith instead of fear. She’s a beloved professor at Tidewater Community College and a dear woman of God.
Key Thoughts and Scriptures:
Isaiah 41:10 NIV So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Psalm 23 NIV The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures…
- Our mighty God who knew her past and future was ordering Diana’s steps.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Proverbs 16:9 NKJV A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
- “Indeed God walked with me every step of the way.”
- “We trust in God’s statistics and not man’s.”
The Lord did not leave or forsake Diana even in the midst of her trials.
Zechariah 2:5 NKJV For I,’ says the Lord, ‘will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.’ ”
Romans 8:28 NKJV And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
- God healed her from day one.
- Yet Diana had questions for the Lord, such as, “Why me? Why now? What did I do?”
- “God’s answer to me, ‘Why not you, my daughter?”
- “And through it all, God showed me how much He loved me, all the way to the cross. My faith grew stronger and deeper, and I realized God can do anything.”
Matthew 6:9-13 NIV …And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors…
- They used to say that I am a strong woman, but I would respond, no, it’s not about me. It’s about Jesus who lives in me and gives me strength.
- It’s so important that we have believers in places that have contact with unbelievers and can share powerful testimonies of what God’s done in our lives. When people who are in distressing situations see the fruit in the lives of believers, it changes their perspective and gives them hope and points them to Jesus.
Key Truths Diana has learned:
- God is indeed in control of her life in every aspect.
- He loves unconditionally all the way to the cross.
- Also, He is Jehovah Rafa, our healer.
- He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. (Hebrews 13:8 NIV)
- And He can do the same for those who put their trust in Him.
- Furthermore, He is God of the impossible.
Psalm 91 NIV Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”…
- Ruth lost her husband, became a widow, and decided to relocate, accompanying her mother-in-law to the promised land.
Psalm 34:19 NIV The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all
1 Corinthians 1:9 AMP God is faithful [He is reliable, trustworthy and ever true to His promise—He can be depended on]…
Psalm 20:1-5 NLT In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm…
Connect with Us:
Somebody Cares Prayer Line (855) 459-CARE (2273)
Want to help Widows and Orphans? Join our growing company of women meeting special needs of parentless children and nurturing their unique gifts so they can be ALL God has in mind for them! And help meet real needs of women who have given a lifetime of service to God! Support the Somebody Cares Widows and Orphan fund today!
Share this message with a friend and subscribe for weekly encouragement and inspiration!
You can also receive periodic ministry updates from Somebody Cares, and/or weekly Provoke-a-Thought emails, monthly teaching emails, or join our prayer team by signing up here!